Frankfurt am Main, 19 August 2019
Companies in the furniture industry and their partners in interior design can now register to compete in ICONIC AWARDS 2020: Innovative Interior at www.innovative-interior.com. Companies enjoy multiple benefits from winning an award in this competition: We will exhibit the award-winning projects at the Kölnischer Kunstverein venue with its social programme “Design im Kunstverein” (Design in the Art Society) from 13-19 January 2020.
With the ICONIC AWARDS: Innovative Interior, the German Design Council has created a unique platform for the connection of architects, product designers and object designers with the furniture industry. The competition is open to all companies in the furnishing industries and their partners in interior design. An independent panel of expert judges will decide who receives the coveted titles “Best of Best”, “Winner” and “Selection”.
- Barbara Friedrich, Design Journalist, Hamburg
- Andrej Kupetz, CEO of the German Design Council, Frankfurt am Main
- Giulio Ridolfo, Textile and Colour Designer, Milan and Udine
- Benjamin Wolf, General Manager Funktion Möbel, Darmstadt
- Sebastian Wrong, Designer and Co-founder of Established and Sons, London and Owner/Founder of the Wrong Shop
The most important information at a glance
- Deadline for early bird rate: 13 September 2019
- Deadline grant programme: 20 September 2019
- Deadline for registrations: 11 October 2019
- Awards ceremony: 12 January 2020 at the Kölnischer Kunstverein on the occasion of the imm cologne trade show
- Exhibition: from 13-19 January 2020
Design im Kunstverein (Design in the Art Society)
“Design im Kunstverein” (Design in the Art Society) is the motto under which the German Design Council will be presenting an extensive exhibition and workshop offering in the Kölnischer Kunstverein from 13 until 19 January 2020. At this time, during imm cologne, the city of Cologne will become a meeting place for the industry and fans of design. The programme will revolve around the exclusive winners’ exhibition of the ICONIC AWARDS 2020: Innovative Interior.
In addition, we will exhibit award-winning projects from our talent promotion competition ein&zwanzig 2019. Tours and workshops on the topic of holistic design will also take place during the week in cooperation with the German Design Museum Foundation to enable further content-related explorations.