Frankfurt am Main, 24 August 2020
Companies in the furniture industry and their partners in interior design are invited to register for the ICONIC AWARDS 2021: Innovative Interior at www.innovative-interior.com as of now.
The awards recognise outstanding products from all fields of interior design each year. They are targeted at businesses in the furniture, interior-design and interior-architecture industries. The competition’s image is shaped by excellent, innovative work from all product areas within the sectors, ensuring strong attention within the market. By organising the competition, the German Design Council creates a platform to connect architects and property developers with the furniture industry. An independent and expert jury will decide on the recipients of the coveted “Best of Best”, “Winner” and “Selection” awards.
The 2021 jury
- Carole Baijings, Industrial Designer, Amsterdam
- Barbara Friedrich, Design Journalist, Hamburg
- Giulio Ridolfo, Textile and Colour Designer, Milan, Udine
- Benjamin Wolf, Managing Director, Funktion Möbel, Darmstadt
- Sebastian Wrong, Designer and Co-founder of Established and Sons, London; Proprietor/Founder of The Wrong Shop
Key information at a glance
- Registration at early-bird price: until 18 September 2020
- Deadline for grant applications: 25 September 2020
- Registration deadline: 16 October 2020
- Awards ceremony: 17 January 2021
- Exhibition of winners: 17 to 24 January 2021
Detailed information about the competition can be found at: www.innovative-interior.com
German Design Council
The German Design Council has served as a world-leading centre of competence for communication and knowledge transfer within design, branding and innovation since 1953. It is part of the worldwide design community and has always contributed to the establishment of global exchange and networking thanks to its international offering, promotion of new talent and memberships. The German Design Council’s activities, including networking events, conventions, awards, jury meetings and expert committees, connect its members and numerous other international design and branding experts, foster discourse and provide important stimulation for the global economy. More than 340 businesses are currently members of its Foundation.